In this – part six of our series decoding the Wicked Millennial Problem – we look at the four key things required to retain millennials in a modern workplace. In part one we explored what makes Millennials tick. In part two we looked at the best ways enterprising employers might try and recruit Millennials. In part three we took a look at the challenges facing Millennials. Part four considered the best ways to motivate Millennials and in part five we looked at engagement. Now, in our final instalment of this series, we talk about the holy grail of employment – retention – and speak from personal experience. So then, how do you retain the mythical Millennial?
“Fake news”, “alternative facts”, “gaslighting campaigns”, “weaponised disinformation”, and “hacked elections” – a free and dynamic media is key to the stability and health of any government and accountability to its citizens. The job of building, supporting and enabling journalists and citizens around the world is hard enough in 2017, but made even harder when your office is in London and Brexit threatens your European funding.
WASHINGTON DC, USA – World Learning is a complex global operation with three corporate offices, a university campus, over 4000 staff and projects and offices in over sixty countries around the world. And when they needed to bring their corporate technology architecture into line with their 21st century strategy and operations, they called AKCGlobal to help.
LONDON, England and WASHINGTON DC, USA – Winrock International is a storied organisation founded by one of the Rockefeller family in Arkansas to help support economic development, sustainable agriculture and the families and communities who depend upon them. Now, over seventy years later, Winrock International is a leader in international development as well, with over $120m in project revenue annually, and works in over fifty countries around the world.
LONDON, England and GENEVA, Switzerland – What do you do when you’ve already certified the ‘easy’ 300 million hectares of the world’s forests – 10% of the planet’s entire covered area – but the remaining 90% is in countries without functioning governments, at war, suffering from extreme poverty, under attack by changing climate, or worth more burned down than standing? AKCG is helping PEFC to build a five-year strategy to solve one of the most wicked problems in the world.
In this – part five of our series decoding the Wicked Millennial Problem – it’s time to XXXXX. In part one we attempted to understand Millennials. In part two we looked at how to recruit Millennials. In part three we explored challenges facing Millennials. Part four considered best ways to motivate Millennials. Now, we’re sharing personal experiences on how we best engage our predominantly Millennial workforce. Read more
In this – part four of our series decoding the Wicked Millennial Problem – it’s time to talk carrots. In part one we attempted to understand Millennials. In part two we looked at how to recruit Millennials. In part three we explored challenges facing Millennials. Now, we delver deeper into what drives them to work harder and better. Here’s our top five ways to motivate Millennials: Read more
In this – part three of our series decoding the Wicked Millennial Problem – it’s time to put ourselves in the shoes of a Millennial. In part one we attempted to understand Millennials. In part two we looked at how to recruit Millennials. Now, we consider the world from their perspective. It’s a wicked problem, as most organisations – regardless of sector – are run by people who are not Millennials and who are not “tech native,” which is an important distinction. So, here’s our short guide outlining the major challenges facing the future workforce. Read more
In this – part two of our series decoding the Wicked Millennial Problem – we take a look at recruiting a Millennial workforce. In part one we attempted to understand the Millennial workforce. Now, we look at how to attract them. It’s a wicked problem, as a majority of hiring managers say it’s difficult to find and retain Millennial talent. It seems employers and Millennials aren’t always looking for the same thing. With most of the work force now made up of Millennials, employers need to catch up if they want to attract the best future talent. Read more
LONDON, England and LEIPZIG, Germany — AKCGlobal Ltd and SIS Software GmbH today announced a joint venture to provide intelligent, versatile and personalised mass-scale event management tools.
The joint venture brings together AKCGlobal’s global strategy, change and complex-systems expertise with SIS Software’s crowd management, messaging and mobile command solutions.