The AKCGlobal Group (AKCG) is looking for a new member of staff on an initial three-month contract (March-June 2018, with possibility of one-year extension) who can assist on administrative and operational tasks, as well as support projects for our clients, both in-house and external with our more senior consultants.
The role will be split between work for AKCG and its in-house client, World Learning – Europe, a social enterprise working on education, inclusion and civil society projects in international development.
Specifically, we are looking for applicants who can:
- Provide general office and administrative support on a range of tasks;
- Develop and manage social media content for multiple companies;
- Draft business and project content, conduct research and market analysis;
- Provide project management support on client engagements; and
- Plan, coordinate and help to organise training and events.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re individuals, with diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills, knowledge, talents and quirks – the successful candidate won’t only appreciate that, but will add their own strengths, curiosity and superpowers to our mix. Give that we’re looking for someone who can ‘turn lead into gold’, you’re not likely to fit the mold.
Bonus points for:
- An eclectic, multicultural, minority, or international background;
- Good examples of experience getting things done under pressure;
- An interest in change/project management, consulting and leadership;
- Resonance with international affairs, humanitarian aid, and development;
- High levels of comfort with complexity, ambiguity and change;
- Good organizational, interpersonal and writing skills; and
- Boundless patience, inquisitiveness and a solid sense of humour.
You would be introduced to the fast-paced world of startup’s and work with a passionate team. Our office is close to London Bridge Station and has easy access to all the coffee, bars, restaurants and shops that nearby Bermondsey Street has to offer. You would work on a variety of tasks and projects and of course meet a lot of interesting and fun people! This role is well suited for someone looking to gain experience after finishing a graduate degree, explore a new field, break into consulting or international development, or add variety to their CV.
The Practical Details
- Start Date – ASAP;
- Full-Time (35 Hours/week);
- London ‘Living Wage’ of £10.20 per hour;
- Three-month initial contract (through 30 June, 2018, with possibility of extension);
- Women, minorities, vari-abled, idealists, artists, scientists, and good-hearted trouble-makers especially welcome.
Interested? Know Someone Who Might be? Great!
Please send your CV and tell us a little bit about yourself to [email protected] and we will be in touch!